Beit Quadrangle occupies a prominent site to the west of the steps leading up to the Royal Albert Hall. Built in the period 1912 to 1931 it was previously used as lecture rooms and laboratories for the biologys and bio-chemical faculties of Imperial College. The project involved refurbishment and extensions to the south, east and west wings to form new en-suite residential facilities. Two additional stories were added to the east wing and a single storey to the west wing, with lightweight steel frames and concrete floors. New lift and stair towers were also added at two corners of the courtyard.